Level 1 Course Spring 2022Regular price €950,00
COURSE PREREQUISITES: PLEASE READ FIRST
Online theory instruction and revision online exam(8 hours plus self-study and reading, total: 30 hours approx.) will be completed PRIOR to commencing the course.
This theory instruction will be complemented by 4 hours of personal E-Tutorials with in-class revision of same on day 1, followed by written theory exam.
CONTENTS OF TRAINING
- General anatomy and physiology of blood circulation
- General anatomy of the lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes;
- Indications and contraindications;
- Special anatomy of the main lymphatic vessels as well as of the lymphatic systems of the various body regions and the skin;
- Physiology of the interstitial space, lymphatic system and lymphatic fluid:
- Extravascular circulation of blood proteins
- Exchange of matter and fluid in the terminal portions of pathways;
- Structure and function of the interstitial connective tissue, physiology of interstitial exchange of matter,diffusion, osmosis, colloid osmosis, filtration, reabsorption, active cell transport process, permeability of blood capillaries
- Starling’s equilibrium;
- Physiology of the lymphatic system (drainage function, lymph formation, lymph-obligatory substances, lymph transport, transport capacity of the lymphatic system, defence and filter function); Lymphatic fluid, chyle;
PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION (32 HOURS, 40 UI):
Principles of applying MLD;
Dr Vodder Original Techniques of MLD;
Sequence treatments of the various parts of the body (neck, face, arms, back, buttocks, chest, abdomen, legs, nape of neck).
This module has theoretical but no practical exam, on completion of the 5 days training you will be awarded a certificate of attendance. You are encouraged to practice on family and friends only and only those with an intact healthy lymph system at this level.
This certificate entitles you to entry to any Dr Vodder Level 2 Worldwide (or directly to Level 3 in some countries; however not Ireland)