Level 1 Course Spring 2023Regular price €950,00
COURSE PREREQUISITES: PLEASE READ FIRST
Online theory instruction and online revision exam (8 hours plus self-study and reading, total: 25 hours approx.)These E-learning lectures are provided by the Dr. Vodder Akademie International (Austria)and will be need to be completed PRIOR to commencing the course.You will be able to watch and listen to each lecture as often as you wish.
On recieiving your application form and deposit, you will in turn recieive a unique access code will open up the Dr Vodder Akademie E-Learning platform at https://mld.vodderakademie.com once you have set up a personal user account with user name and a password. Having completed the lecture series , the Level 1 MCQ exam can be completed and you will be notified of your pass rate.This theory instruction will be complemented by 4 hours of my personal E-Tutorials provided before attending class, with in-class revision of same on day 1 (8 hours 2 UI) followed by a written theory exam. (This extra day tuition is unique to the Dr Vodder School Ireland) with the transition to an E-Learning platform in 2020 I feel the benefit of face to face revision of what is essentially the foundation theory for all subsequent levels has proved very beneficial
CONTENTS OF LEVEL 1 TRAINING
- General anatomy and physiology of blood circulation
- General anatomy of the lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes;
- Indications and contraindications;
- Special anatomy of the main lymphatic vessels as well as of the lymphatic systems of the various body regions and the skin;
- Physiology of the interstitial space, lymphatic system and lymphatic fluid:
- Extravascular circulation of blood proteins
- Exchange of matter and fluid in the terminal portions of pathways;
- Structure and function of the interstitial connective tissue, physiology of interstitial exchange of matter,diffusion, osmosis, colloid osmosis, filtration, reabsorption, active cell transport process, permeability of blood capillaries
- Starling’s equilibrium;
- Physiology of the lymphatic system (drainage function, lymph formation, lymph-obligatory substances, lymph transport, transport capacity of the lymphatic system, defence and filter function); Lymphatic fluid, chyle;
PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION (32 HOURS, 40 UI): Your unique Code also gives you online access to the practical techniques and sequences.
Principles of applying MLD;
Practical techniques of MLD;
Treatment sequences of the various parts of the body (neck, face, arms, back, buttocks, chest, abdomen, legs, nape of neck).
This module has a theoretical but no practical exam, on completion of the 4 days training you will be awarded a certificate of attendance.You are encouraged to practice on family and friends only and only those with an intact healthy lymph system at this level.
This certificate entitles you to entry to any Dr Vodder Level 2 Worldwide (or directly to Level 3 in some countries; however not in Ireland)
LEVEL 2 : APPLIED MLD COURSE (32 HOURS, 40 UI)
Course dates: 25th -28th March 2022
Course Venue: International Airport Hotel Cork
Repetition of basic concepts;
Special strokes for more in-depth treatment for certain pathologies .
Treatment approach for non-lymphoedema related pathologies will be discussed, e. g. ankle sprain, CRPS, sinusitis, whiplash, stroke, burns, scars.
Level 2 certification is dependant on sufficiently passing a practical exam on day 4. Failure to pass will require a repeat of the failed portion of the exam. If unsuccessful again, the entire course (Level 2) and exam will need to be taken.
Note: it is advisable you bring a laptop or other device with you so that you can access this on-line information
Successful completion of Level 2 sees the awarding of an Internationally recognised certificate issued by the Dr Vodder School Ireland accredited by the Dr Vodder Akademie International, Austria. ( ISO Certified) . This certificate entitles you to treat clients with an intact lymphatic system with the original Dr Vodder Method of MLD