Level 1 Course Spring 2024Regular price €950,00
COURSE PREREQUISITES: PLEASE READ FIRST PRIOR TO BOOKING ON LINE
Practical Course dates: March 28th - 31st, 2024
Course Venue: Cork International Airport Hotel
On receiving your ONLINE booking form and deposit, you will in turn receive a unique access code which will open you up to the Dr Vodder Akademie E-Learning platform at https://mld.vodderakademie.com
Here you will need to set up a personal user account with user name and a password for you to access the theory lectures. These E-learning lectures and theory instruction are provided by the Dr. Vodder Akadamie International (DVAI ~ Austria) (8 hours guided theory instruction plus self-study and reading, total: 35 hours approx.) covering everything needed for Level 1 and 2 ( Applied MLD) and introduces some of the principles of pathophysiology of the Level 3 theory. You will be able to watch and listen to each lecture as often as you wish.
The DVAI theory instruction will be complemented by 4 hours of my personal E-Tutorials and 2 optional theory revision zoom meetings (approx 2 hours each) (This option is unique to the Dr Vodder School Ireland (DVSIrl)
Having completed the lecture series, reviewed the tutorials and completed the proposed pre- course revision (optional) the Level 1 MCQ exam, which needs to be completed PRIOR to commencing the course can be completed and you will be notified of your pass rate. You will have 2 opportunities to complete same.
CONTENTS OF LEVEL 1 TRAINING
- General anatomy and physiology of blood circulation
- General anatomy of the lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes;
- Indications and contraindications;
- Special anatomy of the main lymphatic vessels as well as of the lymphatic systems of the various body regions and the skin;
- Physiology of the interstitial space, lymphatic system and lymphatic fluid:
- Extravascular circulation of blood proteins
- Exchange of matter and fluid in the terminal portions of pathways;
- Structure and function of the interstitial connective tissue, physiology of interstitial exchange of matter,diffusion, osmosis, colloid osmosis, filtration, reabsorption, active cell transport process, permeability of blood capillaries
- Starling’s equilibrium;
- Physiology of the lymphatic system (drainage function, lymph formation, lymph-obligatory substances, lymph transport, transport capacity of the lymphatic system, defence and filter function); Lymphatic fluid, chyle;
PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION (32 HOURS, 40 UI): Your unique Code also gives you online access to the practical techniques and sequences.
Principles of applying MLD;
Practical techniques of MLD; Pump , Scoop, Thumb Circles, Stationary Circles, Rotary
Treatment sequences of the various parts of the body (neck, face, arms, back, buttocks, chest, abdomen, legs, nape of neck).