Level 1 & 2 Courses Spring 2024 (Discount when booked together )Regular price €1.800,00
COURSE PREREQUISITES: PLEASE READ FIRST
Practical Course dates: March 15th - 18th, 2024
Course Venue: Cork International Airport Hotel
Here you will need to set up a personal user account with user name and a password for you to access the theory lectures. These E-learning lectures and theory instruction are provided by the Dr. Vodder Akadamie International (DVAI ~ Austria) (8 hours guided theory instruction plus self-study and reading, total: 35 hours approx.)and covers everything needed for Level 1 and 2 ( Applied MLD) and introduces some of the principles of pathophysiology of the Level 3 theory. You will be able to watch and listen to each lecture as often as you wish.
The DVAI theory instruction will be complemented by 4 hours of my personal E-Tutorials and 2 optional theory revision zoom meetings ( approx 2 hours each) (This option is unique to the Dr Vodder School Ireland (DVSIrl)
Having completed the lecture series, reviewed the tutorials and completed the proposed pre- course revision (optional) the Level 1 MCQ exam, which needs to be completed PRIOR to commencing the course can be completed and you will be notified of your pass rate. You will have 2 opportunities to complete same.
CONTENTS OF LEVEL 1 TRAINING
- General anatomy and physiology of blood circulation
- General anatomy of the lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes;
- Indications and contraindications;
- Special anatomy of the main lymphatic vessels as well as of the lymphatic systems of the various body regions and the skin;
- Physiology of the interstitial space, lymphatic system and lymphatic fluid:
- Extravascular circulation of blood proteins
- Exchange of matter and fluid in the terminal portions of pathways;
- Structure and function of the interstitial connective tissue, physiology of interstitial exchange of matter,diffusion, osmosis, colloid osmosis, filtration, reabsorption, active cell transport process, permeability of blood capillaries
- Starling’s equilibrium;
- Physiology of the lymphatic system (drainage function, lymph formation, lymph-obligatory substances, lymph transport, transport capacity of the lymphatic system, defence and filter function); Lymphatic fluid, chyle;
PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION (32 HOURS, 40 UI): Your unique Code also gives you online access to the practical techniques and sequences.
Principles of applying MLD;
Practical techniques of MLD; Pump , Scoop, Thumb Circles, Stationary Circles, Rotary
Treatment sequences of the various parts of the body (neck, face, arms, back, buttocks, chest, abdomen, legs, nape of neck).
This module has a theoretical but no practical exam, on completion of the 4 days training you will be awarded a certificate of attendance.You are encouraged to practice on family and friends only and only those with an intact healthy lymph system at this level.
This certificate entitles you to entry to any Dr Vodder Level 2 Worldwide (or directly to Level 3 in some countries; however not in Ireland)
LEVEL 2 : APPLIED MLD COURSE (32 HOURS, 40 UI)
Course dates: April 26th -29th 2024
Course Venue: International Airport Hotel Cork
Repetition of basic concepts;
Special strokes for more in-depth treatment for certain pathologies .
Treatment approach for non-lymphoedema related pathologies will be discussed such as
Migraine, Autoimmune conditions
ankle sprain, CRPS, sinusitis, whiplash, stroke, burns, scars.
Bursitis, encapsulitis and tendonitis in any joint
Whiplash and fracture injuries
Chronic inflammation & pain including CRP
Dermatological problems such as psoriasis
Post liposuction and other cosmetic surgeries
Level 2 certification is dependant on sufficiently passing a practical exam on day 4. Failure to pass will require a repeat of the failed portion of the exam. If unsuccessful again, the entire course (Level 2) and exam will need to be taken.